This is a Mid-September parish update to keep you informed about what’s happening so far this Fall. I hope you have been able to enjoy our warm, dry and uneventful summer. Thankfully we are now able to begin making plans to worship and use our buildings again.
Here are some things you need to know at this time:
1. Worship Schedule: Thanksgiving Sunday will be our first Sunday with services in our buildings. There will be a 10:30 a.m. combined service at the Church of the Resurrection and a 10 a.m. service at St. Paul’s, Oak Point. The plan is to resume our regular Sunday worship pattern from Thanksgiving onward. This is, of course, dependant on how things develop this Fall with stemming the pandemic. Be prepared for the plan to change if there is a drastic shift in local COVID-19 statistics followed by new directives from the government.
2. Offerings: This summer saw a slight drop in our regular offerings. In one sense this is normal and expected. Thank you to everyone who has been able to continue with their offerings. Our Monday and Thursday 11 a.m. to Noon offering drop-off will continue each week until Thanksgiving Sunday. We also recognize that due to circumstances others may have had to reduce or cease their offerings for now. This is understandable and we do not wish this to cause you alarm. We are trusting that God will look after all of our church family needs.
3. Volunteer Opportunities: Currently our church is looking for volunteers to serve on our cemetery team who’s responsibility will be to oversee the operations of our Woodman’s Point Cemetery. This will be a behind-the-scenes but important ministry. We are also looking for a volunteer with a truck or trailer who would be willing to take our garbage bags to Crane Mountain once every two weeks.
4. Office Hours: Our Office Hours will be sporadic until October. It is hoped that as long as the pandemic stays quiet, we will be able to open with regular office hours. If you need anything do not hesitate to contact myself or the Church Office and we will get back to you.
5. Kingdom Come: Kingdom Come Youth Group will resume on Tuesday, Sept. 22th. If you have any questions please contact Jason Smith our Youth Minister. It is also our hope that Salt Reef Sunday School will resume in late October as well.
6. Sunrise Play Park: The Sunrise Play Park will be opening mid-October. Please help us spread the word. The utmost care will be given in following social-distancing regulations and maintaining cleanliness.
7. Small Groups: Small Groups are resuming now and will be observing social-distancing regulations. If you would like to be in a small group please contact myself or the parish office.
That’s all for now. I wish you every blessing as the Fall season emerges.
The Rev’d Michael Caines
- Foggy, Played-Out Prayers - October 18, 2020
- Played-Out Prayers - October 15, 2020
- Thank you in the Turbulence… - October 11, 2020
- Thank You in the Turbulence - October 6, 2020
- Are We Inoculated? - September 30, 2020
- Country Roads and Rest – Live the Bridge… - September 22, 2020
All message sent through this contact form will go directly to Rev. Michael Caines