Structures and Systems:
Vestry: Overarching governance and accountability of the Parish.
– Finances, policies, building/property management, prayerful leadership of direction
Note: Vestry members do NOT do all the work. They are expected to participate in the life of the Church family like everyone else who call themselves followers of Jesus on the journey. They provide council, unique perspective, networking, and expertise.
Ministry Leadership: Vestry only one form of leadership in the parish. We have many ministry leaders. Vestry can make a decision regarding direction, etc but it is ministry leaders who lead the charge; some will be on the vestry and many others will not.
Ex. A vestry idea to do Blueberry Hill… needs to have the buy-in of many different ministry leaders around the parish.
Some examples of Ministry Leaders: Cozy Corner, Worship Music, Transition Ministry, Youth Ministries and Sunday School (Salt Reef), Pastoral Care ministry, Hospitality ministry, small group ministry, etc.
Who do I go to for what? Start with a Warden or the Administrative Assistant.
Examples: Worship? Rector. Finances? Member of Vestry. Building/Property? Different members of vestry. Pastoral Care need? Care Connection. etc.
- What is a Sunrise-Style Faith? - January 26, 2020
- Doing Dishes This Holiday? - December 25, 2019
- “Safe Return Doubtful…Interested?” - December 1, 2019
- Swallowed by Grace… - November 17, 2019
- Shout-Out to the bad kids… - October 27, 2019
- Thankful? - October 13, 2019
All message sent through this contact form will go directly to Rev. Michael Caines